13 in '13

I have seen tons of bloggers recapping their year as the 2013 year winds down, I am not nearly eloquent enough to do that without babbling for pages on pages SO when I saw the link up with Hadar, Kristin and Traci I knew it would be the perfect way to recap the year but keep it to the point.



Anything from Reef, I have been raving about their flats for the last year and a half or so but this fall I splurged on a pair of boots and thank goodness I have some self control or I would own all of their boots. I can't even describe how comfortable they are. 
Just try them! Now.



This would hands down have to be Pitch Perfect, I seriously should have watched this movie sooner...and now that I have thought about it must watch this again soon. How much would I have to bride the mister...



Got a secret, can you keep it up? It's really no secret that I became obsessed with Pretty Little Liars this summer, and watched all four seasons, nor can I wait until the new episodes start next week. I have the blogging world to thank for that. So thank you!



Austin Land and Cattle. They have the most amazing happy hour, seriously you feel like you are eating like royalty at this snazzy steak house but paying very little for delicious food. Plus they have a grown up Frito pie on their menu...who doesn't love Frito pie.




After 12 years of taking Advocare products I finally decided to become a distributor and sell Advocare products...pretty sure I don't have anything else that has been in my life for 12 years perhaps that is a sign.

I signed up originally just for the discount, teachers love discounts, but I have managed to find this whole new side of me that is excited about sharing the power of Spark. Two weeks of vacation does that to a girl.



The whole experience might have been incredibly awkward with no door between the bathroom and bedroom but my favorite gift would be the mister and I's trip to Fredricksburg for my birthday. I am a big believer in gifts requiring you to spend time with the person, its just how we roll.




This one was hard for me, meaning I spent an hour browsing through old pins and suddenly have the urge to rearrange my closet, bake something, workout and start a DYI...so there is that.

Probably the pin that I used the most would be...

My favorite snack ever! So healthy!! No-Bake Energy Bites 1 cup (dry) oatmeal 1/2 cup chocolate chips 1/2 cup peanut butter 1/2 cup ground flaxseed 1/3 cup honey 1 tsp. vanilla

These No-Bake Energy Bites are seriously delicious and the perfect quick snack for those days I have lunch at 12:49...yes that is the exact time on Wednesdays.


Hands down my most therapeutic post was when I posted the 18 Things I've Been Too Afraid to Publish and boy did I feel the blogging love.

But my most enjoyable post was when I talked about the fun the mister and I have with Fireball, the post might scream alcoholic, but it is so us.

 


I didn't particularly accomplish this BUT for the first time in 10 years my parents sat at the same table and celebrated one of their children's birthdays (my brother) regardless this was a feat I had given up on long ago. Perhaps as we grow older there will be more times which they can celebrate our lives together, fingers crossed. 


I also rode peed on a public bus from Austin to Houston and back all by myself...somewhere along the way I accomplished growing up.

The mister also started his first non bar/restaurant job at the State last February and will be officially full time come tomorrow morning.

This also might not be 'my' accomplishment but it was a great thing for our future...perhaps I need to accomplish something in 2014...



Hands down the pictures from my 28th birthday are my favorite, if you haven't noticed I started using them for everything social media related.

 


Hands down this would be my trip to New York, not only did I get to spend the week with my mom and sister in the heart of NYC but my bestie came up and we ran around the city like crazy girls. Reminding me that I still need to recap the second part of the trip.




Focus on me. This will be my last official year in my 20's since in 2015 I turn the big 30! And at a time when I don't have kids and very little true responsibilities I want to just be a little selfish.

So I want to focus on:
my health,
my relationships with family and friends,
my finances,
my inner happiness,
 my creativity and its many outlets,
my relationship with my man.

Tomorrow I will actually make more tangible goals and post them for the blog world to see, cause that seems to be what the cool kids are doing.



If you read my goals then you can only guess what my word is: FOCUS.



I hope everyone is ringing in the New Years with people they love, a yummy bubbly drink and of course glitter. Lots and lots of glitter. 

Happy New Years!

- The Babbling Box!

5 comments

  1. I'm so glad I found your blog in 2013! I would love for you and your mister to move to St. Louis (that's where he's from, right?) and be closer to me so we could be real-life friends one day! :) Happy New Year!

    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked reading this recap of your year. I am going to try out that Pin soon. They seem like great after school snacks, especially if I am going to the gym as often as I want to. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHY? WHY did you have to bring up the Fireball? I mean I KNOW you love it, but each time it I see it on here I gag a little bit. Ugh. LOL! It's crazy to think back that I started reading your blog this summer when I read....Got a secret, can you keep it? It was instant love for sure. Definitely on my part at least and well then you posted that amazing picture of bacon at a bar and I feel in love with you all over again. Talking about rearranging your closet because of Pinterest makes me want to go rearrange my suitcase. Lol! Happy New Year, A! Hope you and the Mister are doing something fabulous....that doesn't involve Fireball...of course!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this list! I've been skimming through many "years in review" on the blogs today! So it's nice to read something a little different..!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never heard of REEF shoes. I will have to look into them.

    ReplyDelete