It's Gonna Be Me

Survived another week!

It was one of those weeks that teachers love: students interacting positively, very few classroom disruptions and some really awesome classroom discussions today. Hopefully I put enough 'coins' in our classroom piggy bank with lots of praise and smiles to ensure that as testing month aka April takes over we will be smooth sailing.

But its Friday...Friday...Friday! So that means locking the classroom doors and 48 hours of pure relaxation and fun.

I always have a song of the day. I think its a fun way to welcome the students to class and also its an incredible stress reliever for me. Especially after a rough period, music always calms me down and puts a smile on my face. 

I like to take input from my students, but let's just say their music advice is hard to follow. No matter how much they try to convince me dirty rap music just isn't going to fly. 

So mostly its my music that gets played...so A LOT of Imagine Dragons, Gavin Degraw, The Fray and The Lumineers. And well pretty much anything else I here on the radio while driving to work that is school appropriate...I never realized how many references there really were to drugs, sex and booze in the lyrics til I had to start censoring them.

I do take their advice sometimes...Call Me Maybe, Katy Perry and Journey. Yes my middle schoolers like Journey and Wiz Khalifa, their cool like that.

This week I played N'Sync.
I recall being in middle school and being head over heels in LOVE with N' Sync. 
I was in LOVE with J.C. move over Justin Timberlake, I was going to marry J.C. I already had it planned out. Funny, that fast forward to 2006 and I paid good money to see Timberlake.


Oddly enough I had multiple students guess that "It's Gonna Be Me" was the Backstreet Boys and then proceed to roll their eyes. Gotta love middle schoolers.


Since I noticed that I Wore Yoga Pants was hosting #backthatazzup Friday I knew my sudden rediscovery of N'sync MUST be shared.  Well, at least I think it must be shared so you are stuck reading about my love of N'Sync thus leading to a little bit of judgement of my sanity I am sure.

I wore yoga pants

Perhaps I will move on to 'Bye Bye Bye' next week. 

Or better yet 'Gone'!  


The possibilities are endless!

I can't wait to read all of your suggestion of AMAZING tunes I can torture introduce to my students!

- The Babbling Box!

2 comments

  1. I love that you played N'sync for your student! I was also a JC girl growing up . I thought Justin was ugly! That is certainly not how I feel now :)
    I love your blog, I'm a New Follower!!

    ReplyDelete