Spotlight Comes to Town

Today is bittersweet.
It's the last Friday of the winter break. I dropped the bestie and her man off at the airport. The Christmas tree finally came down. But as a person who craves routine and structure, having the house back together and getting back in 'work' mode is definitely looking nice.

I would love to say that the bestie and I handled our parting eloquently.


But it was more like this:


I managed to keep it together until I got home but she did it at the bar...so there is that. Rather than focusing on the fact that I most likely wont see her again for a year I figured I would share a few of my favorite things from The Week Spotlight Came To Town.

Side note: The bestie's nickname is Spotlight, this says it all:


one. My dad got me this awesome Christmas present, its a mirror that double as a jewelry holder. I spent entirely too much time reorganizing and cleaning the beauty room in order to make sure it had adequate amount of room. 


two. The mister has a ridiculous amount of black hoodies so at some point during the evening we got the bright idea to all put on the hoodies and take pictures. Fireball kills souls...the bestie's misters favorite line of the trip.


three. I was able to ring in the New Year with my sister, my man and wonderful friends. Of course me and my sister had a sparkler battle...it's what grown ups do.


four. I learned something pretty awesome about myself: I love entertaining. In my old age I am learning to relax more and not run after my guests with the vacuum cleaner and I actually planned meals out ahead of time which made this week so relaxing despite having up to seven people in the house at one time. I made omelettes for the first and second time ever, ham and potato soup and chili and loved every minute of it.



five. One of my favorite moments of the week was when the boys went to bed and bestie and I stayed up watching Pretty Little Liar episodes by the twinkles of the Christmas tree. It felt like old times when we used to live together and what I consider to be the perfect moment for us.


six. During our 'bar crawl' yesterday, a term I use loosely since it was mostly just visit bars where the bestie knew people and stay there forever, we stopped by Champions and reminisced. Champions is where I met Erica. Met the mister. Epic road trips were planned. Basically what started it all. And for me such a nice reminder that letting go of the past and moving forward can really change your life.


I know its supposed to be five for Friday but stopping at six was hard enough, I have a gazillion more moments and pictures but these were a few of my favorites!

We have a birthday thing to attend tomorrow and then the rest of my weekend will be spent recharging my batteries in preparation for the work week?

What are your plans this weekend?

Linking up with LaurenAprilDoodle Bugs and Lauren.

- The Babbling Box!

2 comments

  1. Looks like you guys had a GREAT time together. I know it's so hard to say goodbye, but but thankful you had all these fun new memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did it again...you used the word. You know what word I'm referring to. I won't even give it the honor of retyping it. Nope, nope, nope. I sat at a table at Hooters tonight watching the Saints while my friends all had a shot of "the word". I love all your "grown up" adventures, but most of all, I love your new beautimous jewelry holder. For serious...I've had that pinned on Pinterest forever. I want....scratch that...I need! XOX
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete