Slim Fast Strawberries 'N' Cream Shake

Here are some recent truths from around here:

one. my house isn't as clean as it normally is, or clean enough in my way too high standards.
two. I have been to the gym ONLY twice this entire month.
three. My eating healthy plan has entirely gone out the window. 
four. My beauty routine has gone down the toilet and you are lucky if my hair was been washed or I bothered with any makeup
five. I have been horribly neglectful of any and all social media.

Before you start forming some intervention, don't worry I haven't gone off the deep end. At least I hope I haven't.

I enjoyed this summer more than I can ever imagine. I have never been the type of person who can just sit still and relax. There is always a to do list. There is always something that should be cleaned. There is always something that can be done. My brain never shuts up. EVER!!! 

But this summer instead of constantly worrying and planning I just started picking the important things to focus on. So if the Mister was off and wanted to go grab brunch or randomly drive to Houston for a baseball game, I just said YES. Screw the to do list. If I would rather lay in the hammock and read then cook dinner or clean the house, I just did. Screw the to do list. And after a wonderful vacation to NYC if I would rather lay around the house all day and catch up on blogs then grocery shop, I just did. Screw the fact that I only
had pickles and milk in my fridge. 

I will say that all this saying yes to things has certainly made it difficult to make smart eating choices. Surprisingly enough this is where Slim Fast comes in.

Changing directions, have you ever heard of Influenster

It's basically a free community where people go and give feedback on products they already use. There are different 'surveys' you can take so Influenster determines your interests. I should add that I only joined back in Jan/Feb and since then have been sent two free boxes worth of samples. And I can promise I have spent very little time actually on the Influenster site.

My first box this spring.

I received my second box back in late July before my travel schedule got crazy. 


I wasn't exactly sure what to think about the box. If I am honest, and I always try to be, I have never tried Slim Fast and I am always on the fence about processed products like this. So like any mature adult I put the box aside until I had more time to deal with it.

Fast forward to my first day back from vacation, I was sitting around my house blogging all day, avoiding grocery shopping with nothing to eat in my fridge. I normally make a protein shake in the mornings but I just didn't think the combo of milk and pickles was going to hit the mark.

Since I was missing eggs, the protein to my protein shake, and had 1/2 a glass of milk I was trying to figure out how to make this concoction work. The Slim Fast bottle that had been pushed aside clearly said on the bottle 10 grams of protein, not my normally amount but I figured it would work.

My Slim Fast Shake Recipe
One Slim Fast Strawberries-n-Cream Shake
Coconut Milk
Coconut Oil
Handful of frozen spinach
Handful of frozen blueberries
Dash of cinnamon for good luck

Blend until smooth!


I was actually really impressed with my protein shake, sometimes its hard to hide the taste of spinach or perhaps its just my brain tricking me, but the strawberries and cream Slim Fast added a creamy sweet flavor that made me completely ignore the extra pack of veggies I added. Plus considering my other option was a Jack In A Box breakfast, I think I made the right choice.

Don't like my recipe, don't worry Slim Fast has tons of recipes of different shakes you can make, I was just working with a limited pantry. Also they even have some shakes that include booze if you are looking to go that route. Not sure my boss would appreciate a shot of the goodness in my morning breakfast...a girl can dream.

Would I buy Slim Fast? 
Honestly, probably not on the regular as I already have a pretty good shake routine I use daily. But it would be nice to keep a few bottles of Slim Fast Shakes around for those days when you have depleted all of the resources in your fridge and pantry and your only options are fast food or grocery shopping.

 Also I think these would be great for traveling because honestly I would prefer to pack a few extra pair of shoes rather than bring a blender in order to get a healthy start to the day.

All in all I was impressed with the Slim Fast products and their shake options which I think go a long way in showing consumers that they are following the healthy lifestyle trend and looking to provide the busy person with a reason not to skip breakfast but keep it healthy.

As this weekend flies by and I prepare myself for the start of school I am trying to remind myself to KISS (keep it simple stupid) in terms of my cooking habits and crazy to do lists and just spend more time saying YES to treating myself. But we all know I am a to do list addict so I make no promises!

"This post was created in connection with my appointment as a SlimFast Ambassador." All opinions are that of my own!

- The Babbling Box!

No comments