Currently August

I am sure this is how every single other currently post has started but I can't believe it's August already.


It is a bittersweet feeling. 
I am super excited about NYC next week and getting back into my school routine. BUT I am not going to lie and say I am looking forward to waking up early, rushing around like a crazy person and seeing the mister on a limited basis.

Unless someone wants to start paying me to be a stay at home person I guess its off to work I go but first let's link up with Farley for this month's currently.


I am LISTENING to Pretty Little Liars, I have managed to make it all the way to season three this summer. My goal was to finish season two before NYC and I made it yesterday...we all need goals in life.

I am LOVING that my classroom is done. I have just a few small things to do but when I turned off the lights today I felt good about being able to start professional development and not being stressed out. Pictures will be up tomorrow.

I am THINKING about NYC...5 days!!! 
Also I am beyond angry and upset right now, I made a five page interactive itinerary for NYC with links to restaurants and activities and all of our confirmation numbers. 
I know I am crazy its okay. 
But for some reason the file will NOT OPEN. 
Anyone with experience fixing publisher errors I would love the help. 
And praise you until the end of my days.

I am WANTING to go back to school shopping. 
Really any excuse to shop is something this girl jumps all over.

I am NEEDING to start focusing on taking care of myself. 
I have had ankle issues for over three years and finally went to see a chiropractor yesterday, its going to probably be a painful and expensive process but it will be amazing to not always be in pain. 
Why I waited three years is really absurd.
Next on my list in tackling my finances...
another thing I like to put off.

My back to school musts are simple:
one. New shoes that are cute and comfy. Hands down these are my favorite brand of shoes and to die for comfortable.


two. Spark by Advocare. It is my fuel. You drink coffee, I drink Spark. It is what keeps me going on those long days, gets my butt to the gym and keeps me awake Friday nights to see the mister.


three. Patience. No matter how much you plan things will change during professional development. Things will change the first week of school. Things will change the second week of school. Going with the flow and not getting your feathers ruffled will keep you calm, cool and collected until Friday night rolls around and you can get a margarita and queso.

Can't wait to hop around and check out everyone currently!

- The Babbling Box!

9 comments

  1. Those shoes are adorable... gonna have to check them out! Best of the luck with the chiropractor. I've been going for years and I love it.
    Meghan
    First Grade Hugs and High Fives

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy moly! The Home Alone gif made my night! So cool! I really dig your blog design too.
    I went to NYC earlier this summer and NYC never disappoints. Hope you a have trip!
    Teaching 3rd with Mr. G
    Follow me on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving those shoes! Seriously, I just mentioned flats and these might be my Fall pair! Love 'em.
    Deniece
    This Little Piggy Reads

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it funny how we put things off that are actually really important, just because it's related to ourselves?! I am the same exact way. My husband Rob always jokes that I would wear a pair of shoes until they fell apart.. when really, I could just go to the mall and buy a pair .. just. like. that.! But I don't. It's like that with things around the house. For YEARS- we had this stupid carpet/mat that we kept our shoes on right by the door. But every time.. and I mean EVERY TIME we opened and closed the door, the stupid carpet would get caught and I probably spent six months altogether putting that carpet back. One day, Rob's mom is visiting and she's like.. I bought you a new carpet for the door..one that sticks to the floor so it won't get caught. Eureka!!! Is that all I had to do??
    I hear you on going with the flow, even though it's hard! I like to be organized and I like to know when change is coming. Obviously we can't be ready for everything, so your attitude is bang on there.
    I don't know you.. but I am excited for you for NYC!! Oh the fun you will have. Enjoy your vacation!! - and the time you get to spend with your fam.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. I am EXTREMELY jealous that your classroom is done.
    2. I LOVED that PLL was on your summer goal list! Too funny!
    Erin
    Short and Sassy Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sooooooo jealous your classroom is done. I also Spark! And that video is EXACTLY how I feel about it already being August. Love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never heard of those shoes but they look cute. They don't start cutting in to the back of your ankle? Or pinching toes? That would be awesome because by the end of the day all the flats I've tried do. So sad. Not that Converse aren't cute shoes, too (what I end up wearing 90% of the time) but I would like something a little more feminine. Look at the teachers who wear heels, though, and think they're a little crazy.
    NYC. Have fun! Even if the cool itinerary never opens. Technology. It's awesome and terrible at the same time.

    Ms. O
    MsOReadsBooks

    ReplyDelete