This Weekend I...

This weekend I... 


.grocery shopped at Target because traffic was god awful at 4:00 Friday afternoon...
8 miles = 45 minutes=anger issues
Although not sure why I never tried this before, Target is just so darn peaceful.

.made this recipe from pinterest and I call it a huge success: Spaghetti Squash Pad Thai


Spaghetti Squash Pad Thai

.taught Saturday school.

.attended the cutest twin girls birthday party.



.got buzzed at said twin one year old's birthday party...I have no shame...but in my defense as soon as I walked in the door Fireball shots were being passed around.

.stood out like a sore thumb at said twin one year old's party...seriously when am I supposed to start feeling like an adult and actually handling these sorts of engagements...but when you are the only couple present without kids there is nothing left to do but stand out...and drink.

.drank yummy beer on a patio in the perfect spring weather.




.attended the Dropkick Murphy's concert with the mister, probably our sixth+ time attending their concert but they just put on such an awesome high energy show.


.was a bad blogger and failed to take any legitimate pictures for this blog. This is the best I got.



.rode the new city bus. It kept us from drinking and driving and having to find parking but it added an hour to our commute home that night...did I mention I taught that morning.

.as soon as we got in the car to drive home from the bus stop the mister selected random on the Dropkick Murphy's album and it automatically selected 'our' song. fate/perfect ending to the night.


.went to the grocery store Sunday for 5 items, walked out with 10 items. There was a live band playing...too loudly for my hungover state...near the makeup aisle and I blame that as the reason I blindly grabbed makeup I have never tried and/or didn't need.


.made the Jillian Michael's Detox Tea. Drank over 60 ounces of tea/water today so I call that a win.

.watched the season premier of The Americans.



.piled on the blankets and hoodies because its normal for weather to drop over 40 degrees in an hour here in Texas.

I feel like this weekend was jam packed with activities but was pleasantly surprised to find myself feeling refreshed and focused today. Not going to lie though...fingers are crossed for a late start day tomorrow due to the icy forecast!

How was your weekend?

Linking up with: BreCarly and LeeeAnn.

- The Babbling Box!

3 comments

  1. You said the "F" word...again. Sounds like you definitely had a jam-packed weekend. I went to the Mardi Gras parade and out to lunch. That was pretty much the extent of my excitement. Did the Detox tea make you feel jittery at all?
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally drank at Rob's cousin's kid's b'day party too. I HAD to. We didn't have a baby then either and it was so awkward that we just .. had to drink. Alina's b'day party is this weekend and I plan on having a drink myself...! It's a celebration! Hell, it's the anniversary of the day that I did something INCREDIBLE, like pushing a baby out of my 'you know what'......
    That pinterest meal looks really, really gooooood! Mmm mm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you had such a great time at the birthday party. I also love that due to traffic, you visited Target. That is a great use of your time! :) :) My weekend was pretty boring. Saturday my husband and I just hung out at home. Sunday we went to church and then I worked on some school stuff. I've had an extended weekend though. These past two days have been snow days. It's been nice having a few lazy days. Enjoy your week!!!

    ReplyDelete