#TBT

On Facebook I am friends with a lot of people I went to high school with, actually I am probably only on Facebook to keep up people I went to high school with. 
By keep up, I mean stalk or judge. 
Whatever. 

And every Thursday my Facebook wall is filled with a variety of pictures from high school, middle school and elementary that I would rather not see the light of day. Do these people really have nothing better to do than scan old yearbook photos in?

Because this is a picture I needed wanted everyone to see:


I really feel that someone should ask some sort of permission before posting these like, 'hey I haven't spoken to you in 10 years but I really wanted to post that one picture where you were stuffing giant marshmallows in your mouth. Great to catch up.'


But no all you get is Facebook asking permission to accept a tag. Considering most of our high school has now seen the picture it really doesn't matter if I accept the tag or not. Thanks.

Perhaps I am being super sensitive about this whole matter because frankly I share a lot of awkward pictures of myself on this blog. But then again the important piece of that sentence is "I" do the sharing.

I already lived through the middle school and high school years once, and not so gracefully I might I add, I really don't want to relieve those moments. And thankfully this was all before the time of Facebook and social media. My first pictures on Facebook were once I got a set of boobs and discovered drinking, so pure class really. Now those are pictures worth sharing.

Today my SEL(homeroom) students were off task in our discussion, go figure, and we were talking about how different/difficult social media makes the teenage years. They said they wanted to see pictures of me in middle school/high school to see if I was as awkward as I tell them I was. 

I was able to pull this goody out since I used it at the beginning of the school year as an ice breaker with the rest of my students. My SEL students laughed for a good 5 minutes. Thanks.


Am I the only one who is bombarded with a million #TBT posts on Facebook? 
Am I just being oversensitive about pictures from ten plus years ago...probably.

- The Babbling Box!

1 comment

  1. I FB stalk too. You wanna know who is worse than I am?? My dad...who doesn't even have an account and hides behind my moms. He starts every conversation with...so, I saw on FB where blah, blah, blah. If my "mom" instant messages me on there I have to ask which parent I am having a conversation with. It's crazy. To get him back I put embarrassing pictures of HIM up in pink plaid shorts...no lie. I think Instagram is worse with the whole TBT thing. I have pictures in a drawer hidden away for a reason. Lol!
    Alison

    ReplyDelete