Reinventing

I don't always post about fashion but when I do I generally apologize for my photo quality. 
All these fashion bloggers out there can intimidate a girl.

But I survived Math and Science Night tonight, wrote two of my four lesson plans today and the mister is working late so I am catching up on Ravenswood. So I feeling confident so I figured why the hell not share some bathroom selfies. 

I can proudly say that I have only been shopping twice since school started and I have not repeated an outfit yet. I should say first that I am thankful to have a closet that is so substantial. I should secondly say that yes I am proud that I have only shopped twice. I have a horrible shopping addiction that is unhealthy given my teacher budget. I am not afraid to do a little damage on the plastics expense and consider it tomorrow's problem. 


When my shopping urges get completely out of control I try and silence them by playing a little dress up with my clothing. And sometimes I reinvent a outfit with a few different accessories and create a cute, in my opinion, and completely different look. 

I can definitely credit social media with its massive amount of outfit posts that go up on blogs, instagram and pinterest which further inspire me to turn dresses into skirts and really stretch my wardrobe.

Here are a few looks recently reinvented:


Look One. Skirt - Target, T-Shirt - Local Boutique, Belt - Target, Necklace - Target, Boots - Reef
Look Two. Skirt - Target, Shirt - Forever 21, Belt - Target, Flats - Reef


Look One. Dress/Skirt - Gap, Shirt - Gap, Necklace and Earrings - Charming Charlie, Flats - Reef
Look Two. Dress/Skirt - Gap, Jacket - Target, Necklace - Target, Flats - Reef


Look One. Denim Shirt - Forever 21, Dress/Skirt - Target, Flats - Reef
Look Two. Dress/Skirt - Target, Necklace - Target, Gladiator Sandals - DSW.

After typing this I realize that a large portion of my clothing comes from Target, which just so happens to be across the street, which might even explain why I always blow my shopping budget.


Linking up with Shana and Lindsey.

- The Babbling Box!

2 comments

  1. Good for you! I would never be creative enough to mix and match outfits. Seriously, I think I had more fashion sense when I was a fifth grader. !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I tear apart my closet in the next couple of days....I'm totally blaming you. You make it look easy! Super cute fashionista!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete