Idle Hands

The truth about me is I don't do relaxation well. I can easily sit on the couch for an hour or two playing candy crush and blog stalking but after hour two I get antsy and restless. It's like my body only knows 100 mph or sleep.

It drive the mister crazy that I can't just sit down and relax and not be doing something, making a to do list or cleaning. This also leads me down the path of spending money I don't have: bored go to Target, need something to do on a Sunday stop by Marshall's, watching TV why not multitask and do some online shopping. 

"idle hands are the devil's playthings"


Reason One. Drunkenness

Friday night the mister and I went to Bar 96 to watch the Cardinals play. I very excited about going out and having a few drinks with the mister. What I wasn't prepared for was the game to go on all night. By the sixth inning I was bored and everyone was too invested in the game for idle chit chat. I entertained myself taking pictures of random objects and playing candy crush.


When that no longer held my attention I turned to booze for entertainment. By the ninth inning I was drunk. By the eleventh inning I was ready to sleep in the car. The mister ended up having to take me home some where around the twelfth inning. Devil 1. Box 0.


Reason Two. Laziness.

Saturday I did my normal errands and house work while watching my Longhorns stomp OU's a**. The mister came home ready to watch game two of the Cardinals vs. Dodgers series and I learned my lesson from the night before and just decided to take a nap. Screw actually working out, blogging or any other worthwhile task. Devil 2. Box 0.


We also managed to go out Saturday night and meet up with some of the mister's old fraternity brothers, having learned my lesson the night before I was my usual tipsy self but there was no desire to sleep in the car so I consider it a win. Devil 2. Box 1.


Reason Three. Rash decisions.

Before going out Saturday night I decided I hated my bangs and needed a haircut stat. So I whacked away at my hair with my cheapo drug store scissors. I think it looks okay, my hair dresser will probably want to strangle me and I will probably regret my decision the next time I go to style my hair. Devil 3. Box 1.

My sister couldn't see the difference but a lot of hair was definitely in the trash can.

Reason Four. Spending money I don't have.

Sunday as I was recuperating from two nights of trying to kill my liver I did what any other good blogger does: waste hours on social media.

This amazing use of my time lead me to find this beauty youtube channel. She is super cute and I really enjoyed watching her makeup video's. Suddenly I was a makeup guru and needed all of her cool tools and products, like today.

Which lead me to impulse buy this eyeshadow set:

Galaxy Chic Baked Eyeshadow Palette

Devil 4. Box 1.

Reason Five. Rearranging the House.

My new makeup obsession lead me to texting the mister this: "would you be opposed or impartial to me turning the office into my beauty room?"

He seemed confused but okay with the plan. I might have jumped up and down but what girl doesn't dream of having a whole room just to get ready in, I know what your thinking that is what a bathroom is for but you gotta start dreaming bigger.

The before pictures...mostly just a junk room with a desk:


My favorite part of the room...aka my Monday Made It...I used push pins to hang all of necklaces in order to create free wall art, keep them untangled and remind myself what I actually have. The mister died a little inside at the number of holes but I love it.


The room is still a work in progress: I need to buy a big mirror, add a few candles and girly up some of the accessories BUT I am pretty much over the moon so far. Devil 3. Box 2.



Sometimes my idleness will lead to wonderful discovers like my new dressing room and other times it just leads to the mister having to apologize to bouncers, it keeps my weekends interesting.

Anyone out there with some cheap suggestions for what else the dressing room needs?

Linking up with: SamiBreCarlyLogan, and Tara.

- The Babbling Box!

4 comments

  1. You crack me up! Suggestion for your dressing room...put a throw rug under the mirror where you do your make-up. My mother had to rip out the carpet in my room when I moved out of her house because I always sat on the floor in front of my mirror doing my make-up which ended up on her off-white carpet. I will never live that down.
    You sound just like me with the boredom scenarios. Some time last night I thought it would be a marvelous idea to drink Bloody Mary's on an empty stomach, which led into Fireball shots, which led into me on the bathroom floor. I should've just stayed home and played with sequins. I so wish we lived closer to one another.
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey nice post meh, I love your style of blogging here. this post reminds me of an equally interesting post that I read some time ago on Daniel Uyi's blog: Money Attracts Girls .
    keep up the good work friend. I will be back to read more of your posts.

    Regards

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, loved reading it all . I might be agreed with that guy , the stuff is blurry !!!!!!
    Noor's Place

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a lot of innings to sit through! I LIKE to sit on my ass and that is even too much for me! Not being able to sit tight is a good thing! It means you are productive!! :)

    ReplyDelete