Week 2 of Summer

I had every intention of posting this yesterday, since it was the official end of week 2 of summer but the day just seemed to slip away from me.

Week 2 of summer was absolutely wonderful: filled with old friends, good books and lots of relaxing.

I purchased a hammock with my birthday money and even went for the kiddie sprinkler system in order to stay cool (this week's highs are near 106, jeez). I have invested a lot of time in the hammock and in the new series I started Fifty Shades of Grey. I was skeptical at first after all the hype surrounding the books, but they have totally sucked me in. In one week I made it through one and half books, and have been recommending it to everyone.


On Tuesday Mr. B and I made an impromptu visit to Little Woodrow's to see our old friend Luedde. And there were turtle races, which were free to bet on and highly amusing.. It's definitely nice to be able to venture out on a week night without worries of work the following morning.






On Thursday I met up with Amber, and we had lunch at this cute little pho place called Elizabeth Street Cafe. The decor was super cute and the food was amazing, a little pricey for lunch but a splurge every once in a while is nice. We then spent the evening drinking margaritas downtown on patios and catching up. The pictures we took together were less than flattering so I simply will post the margarita picture from the Key Bar patio.


Friday was another fun treat, a girl's night out, filled with bowling and pizza from Home Slice. It was so much fun to be able to goof off in a low key setting. I learned both Friday and Thursday that bowling and pool are not my strong suits. Thursday my doubles partner basically kicked me off the team and Friday my best average was a 101. Either way both nights were the perfect balance between catching up with friends, relaxing and being silly.


I ended the week at Emma Long Park with Gina, toes in the sand and lawn chairs in the lake. It was an incredible relaxing end to the week and the perfect break from this uncomfortably hot weather.

I know that I can't live in summer forever, I am sure that all this time off will eventually get boring (or at least I hope so) and I KNOW Mr. B won't pay my way in life (don't worry I have tried asking in many different ways). But I certainly have enjoyed being able to have all of these outings and enjoy being social for a change. I feeling well rested and light hearted as I enter my third week of summer and plan for my trip to Houston.

The Box!

No comments