I am completely weird about working out. I have odd tendencies, which isn't really unique to working out, but still my OCD generally requires a routine for things and working out is no different. This being said, I also find some people's routines insanely odd as well. I probably judge too much, but then again I imagine that I am constantly being judged too. Seems fair, I guess.
1. Without music there is NO workout, I will gladly just turn around and skip the gym if I find my itouch isn't charged. Sad, but true. And my music must be rap. I can probably quote every song of the Eminem Recovery album.
2. I need ice cold water!
3. Shot Blok's have become my favorite work companion. They are like energy in the form of candy!
4. I despise gym clothes. I feel no need to show my assets when working out, and gym shorts on a girl that is over 5'10 are just way to short!
|My new workout shorts, probably a bit too short but it is so hard to find ones that are long enough but not boy length!|
6. I send nasty thoughts to people who get in the way of my routine, or are using the machines that I want to use.
7. I dislike working out with people, strangers and people I know, but I can't work out at home.
Other People's Oddities:
1. I don't understand the people that brag about working out on facebook, seems silly or a cry for attention.
2. People who talk on the phone at the gym, they infuriate me!
3. Not wearing proper workout pieces: flip flops, too tight shorts, jeans, etc. What are they thinking?
4. People who socialize at the gym, I am sweating and in a zone, chit chatting is not on my to do list at the moment.
5. The people who come in use a piece I was using, machine or ball, for one set of reps and leave. My routine gets messed up or I have to reset the machine, for someone else's silliness. Because let's be honest one set of reps isn't doing ANYTHING.
End rant! Perhaps I will post my routine at some point, but for now the stairmaster and medicine balls remain my favorite pieces of gym equipment.
Another motivator for tomorrow's workout...