Call Me Maybe?

"Hey I just met you,
And this is crazy,
But here's my number,
So call me, maybe?"

Oh, I have such a love hate relationship with this song. The first time I heard it I groaned, flipped the station and came to the realization that I will most likely here it for a good chunk of the upcoming school year. When you teach middle schoolers, you get to hear some of the most delightful songs, period after period, after period. I don't necessarily allow free music listening in my room, its a prize in my Friday reward box but they still come in singing it. A LOT!

And then I heard the song on Fox's commericials. It was danced to on SYTYCD. I saw the spoof with the cookie monster, HILARIOUS! I saw the dance with the Olympic swim team, the armed forces, etc, etc. And then I get to Orlando and it followed me, played in bars and even by Erica and her boyfriend.

So I give in. It wins. And I decided that it was the most appropriate theme for the Orlando picture dump I am about to do. I love HEART pictures. If you haven't noticed.

Orlando was such a wonderful time. It was the perfect vacation in that we just went with the flow and had soo much quality time. Often times with vacations you spend so much time going, doing, seeing that you need a few days off when you get back from vacation. I saw a few things in Orlando, went to the beach but for the most part neither one of us was in a hurry to do anything or be anywhere but in each others company. Ok, that is even a little too mushy for me.

We went to Ripley's Believe It Or Not and had a awesome lunch dinner first meal of the day at 3:00 at the Crab House. Steamed crab is amazing!



We went to downtown Orlando and had a true Sunday Funday with the locals. Found a Texas Bar called Stagger Inn and even tried moonshine for the first time.

As per my curse, it rained every day I was in Orlando.


We went to Cocoa Beach and spent most of the day walking around the beach sipping on delightful yummy concoctions.




All and all it was exactly the vacation I needed before diving back into a new school year. Over the last four days I have gone back to school shopping, gotten my first pair of glasses, stocked the fridge, made a lunch for the week, cleaned the house, completed all of my laundry. Gosh this list makes me feel more productive than I thought I was. And tomorrow I report back to school for the first day of two weeks of pre-planning professional development I am not sure really what to call it besides crunch time of getting my room and lessons prepared.

Hopefully I won't be too tired tomorrow and can finally participate in a Monday Made It, I have been crafting away in between all my mundane to do's.

The Babbling Box!


No comments