Priorities

I haven't done a weekend update in awhile, mostly because packing, moving and unpacking are not all that blog worthy, so I figured I would share a few pictures from my weekend trip to Houston. I know that most bloggers generally do this on a Monday, but I had drinking and couch time to catch up on last night. Priorities.

Saturday I made the quick trip to Houston in order to attend my cousin's graduation party. After 10 years of making these trips I have finally perfected how to travel for family functions: wake up early with your bags already packed, drive to my mom's, eat her food, spend two hours doing my hair and makeup and then have her chauffeur me to the family function. Stress free and well free, so its a double win for me. This also might have been the least I have ever packed for a trip...and just to clarify the tall stacking container is just makeup. Priorities.


I will say the quickest way to make me feel awkward is to attend a high school graduation party: 

.its just weird if you hang out the eighteen year old's and shoot nerf guns, even though I would totally be down, 

.your not exactly old enough to be sitting with the grandparents and chain smoking, even though you probably should spend time with them,

.hanging out with your uncle's bounty hunter friends that are already sporting a nice buzz just seems unfamily friendly, even though they are right up your alley.

Normally I would be down for any of these three situations but at a family function it was difficult to figure out where I fit in, so I did what I do best...enjoy the AC, drink free beer and only socialize with my sister and her man. Antisocial much?

I even battled hundreds of yellow jackets to get said beers from the outdoor fridge, cause every southerner has two fridges, priorities.


Sunday I demanded my dad come have lunch with me, cause I am sweet like that, kind of like a belated birthday/father's day get to together. I also ordered the presence of my sister and brother. Suddenly these birthday cards are making a lot more sense...


After lunch my dad treated us to Oh La La, which has the most amazing desserts. Whole30 be damned. Also I was too busy attacking my creme brulee and my dad's cheesecake to worry about great blogging pictures.


We of course ended the visit with an impromptu photo shoot.


We actually do take serious pictures too...





Of course I then had to haul butt back to Austin to plant my butt on the couch and watch the USA soccer match, which included plenty of pizza and boozy drinks. Priorities.

Two more days then my summer officially begins...not that I am counting down or anything.

- The Babbling Box!

4 comments

  1. Your weekend looks fabulous! I'm glad you got to spend time with your family and take crazy pictures. Priorities. I still want that makeup case...even though I don't even use makeup all that much! I just want one because you have one and it looks neat!
    By the time you read this, you will only have one day of summer school left! :)
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha that picture with the arms out and mouth hanging open just cracked me up! :)

    If it makes you feel any better...I am closer to 36 than I'd like to admit and I'd much rather play with the 18 year olds and shoot nerf guns than sit at the "adult" table...but my family is really lame so I don't see them much (on purpose). :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That make up tote is hilarious. Holy hell girl.. either you still have make up from the eighties or you like to do some make up shopping..!! The head wrap you wore in the pictures is very cool. Do you just twist it to make it look that way? I always want to do funky shit like that but then always chicken out last minute. Why is that?!

    Glad you had yourself an awesome weekend. AND.. do you get the entire summer off or do you have to get a summer job?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaaand by eighties I totally meant nineties by the way. ;)

      Delete