Tell Me Something GoOd!

Since leaving work I have been running over my current school rants in my head on some sort of automatic repeat, I should admit early on here I have a bit of an obsessive personality,  Mr. B already got to here my 20 minute babbling right when I walked in the door and I was all set for a blog post titled MY FRUSTRATIONS!
 
But then I saw the link for the Tell Me Something Good linky that Rowdy in First Grade is hosting and I knew this was the more positive way to go.
 
 
Most likely my frustrations will be here tomorrow, so no need to dwell. Goodness that sounds so centered and grown up of me.

My Something Good From School

My Web Design Blog project is taking off! Like cah-razy taking off!
 
Last year it took my web design kiddo's close to a month to get invested in their blog accounts and this year only about a week. I have three pages worth of blog posts on our board already!
 
And over 14 students posted today's warm up on their blog, it was a chance for them to journal about what they think it means to protect their right to read, with Banned Book Week coming up it was a perfect segway into our copyright lesson.
 
My proudest moment was when students started changing their avatars, adding widgets and games without me even showing them how. Now that's what I call problem solving skills!

My Something Good From Home

Now that I think I am down to only three after school meetings a week I figured it was time to start cooking again and I think I hit two meals out of the park these past two days. Or Mr. B is gagging them down quietly, I at least know I haven't killed him yet!
 
I love recipes from http://doitdelicious.com/ Jerry Seinfeld's wife created some pretty easy recipes with video instructions and every recipe has a been a success for me. Yesterday I made the crock pot lasagna and it was an amazing lunch today. It made SO much food, lunch for me for the week, two or three dinners for Mr. B and some frozen away for October. And the best part I think the prep time was less than 30 minutes.  I did tweak mine a little, I added Italian Sausage and some extra tomato sauce.
 
 
 
Tonight I made Steak with Goat Cheese and Balsamic Syrup and it was scrumptious! Recipe can be found here, I pretty much stuck to it, but added a bunch more spices. I have a horrible time actually following the directions, odd since I teach.
 
Hope everyone has a great week!
 
The Babbling Box!

1 comment

  1. I just found your blog on the Tell Me Something Good linky party and I am your newest follower! I am very excited I found you blog and look forward to hearing about your adventures AND frustrations. I am a technology resource teacher so I am really interested in your student blogging!

    Sent From My iPad

    ReplyDelete